Why Choose a Gambling App?
If you’re someone who likes to play casino games and access sports betting markets via your mobile, it’s well worth making use of an app. While some newer operators may take time to develop their own native apps, all the big brands will have one available for download from the iOS App Store or Google Play store. The alternative is to play directly from your mobile browser, which will be laid out in a similar way to the desktop site.
Here at TopRatedCasinos.ie, we always recommend downloading a gambling app if there’s one available. Apps generally offer a better user experience than playing through the mobile site — both are optimised for smaller screen sizes to ensure navigation is a breeze, but you may find apps just that bit smoother. What’s more, by turning on push notifications, you can ensure you never miss out on bonuses and promotions.
Let’s break down the main pros and cons of using an app or a mobile site.
Pros of Gambling Apps
- Push notifications – with an app, you’ll have the option to turn on push notifications that will alert you when new offers on sporting events and casino games are available.
- Faster loading times – as data is locally stored on your device rather than relying on a server, the best gambling apps offer a smooth experience navigating around the site and won’t keep you waiting.
- Open in one touch – just one click will open up the app and you’ll be ready to go — touch and face ID also ensure that if you do need to log in, you won’t have to key in your password every time.
Cons of Gambling Apps
- Storage space – a gambling app is downloaded onto your device, meaning it’ll take up some storage space.
- Specific operating system – while the best gambling apps are available for both iOS and Android users, some can only be downloaded for one or the other.
Pros of Mobile Sites
- Operating system-agnostic – mobile sites are accessible from any device, so it doesn’t matter whether you’re using iOS or Android.
- No download required – there’s no need to worry about phone storage if you’re playing through the mobile site.
Cons of Mobile Sites
- No push notifications – without app notifications, you may miss out on limited time only deals.
- Clunkier user experience – mobile sites often have slower loading times and are less likely to be tailored to your device.